Norwescon 44 January 2022 Newsletter
Text Item Type Metadata
News from Norwescon - January 2022
WAYPOINT NORWESCON ARRIVES ON SATURDAY
Get relaxed and join us at our January relaxacon, Waypoint Norwescon. See replays of the best of Norwescon 43 and hang out with friends in Airmeet. This one-day virtual event is FREE—but you will need to register to get an event link. Get further details on our website:
WHEN DOES IT START?
Waypoint will open for socializing at 8 p.m. on Friday, January 14. So register before then! Programming will begin at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 15. All times are in Pacific Standard Time.
WHERE DO I GO?
We are using the Airmeet digital platform, which has two stages for panels, and virtual tables for hanging out and discussing all things fantastical. Once you register, you will receive an email on Friday with a link to the event.
WHERE ELSE CAN I WATCH?
We will also stream portions of Waypoint Norwescon on the Norwescon Twitch channel. Visit us there: https://www.twitch.tv/norwescon
WHAT ARE SOME EXAMPLES OF PROGRAMMING CONTENT?
- Writing About a Future That’s Already Here
- The Mainstreaming of Fanfiction
- Suborbital Space Tourism
- Norwescon 43 Masquerade
- The Mandalorian
- Mirrorgloss in Concert
- An Hour of the Strange, Rare and Unusual
- Tips for Writing Engaging Space Battles
- Hobby Gaming: Bringing Community Together
- Writing SF and Fantasy as Political Activism
- Demo – Making a Leather Mask
- They Died of Dysentery: An Oregon Trail Improv Show
- Burlesque Show: Ripped from the Pages
A complete schedule will be posted before the event at https://www.norwescon.org/waypoint/
It’s a long journey to Norwescon 44 on April 14–17, but we look forward to catching up with you at Waypoint Norwescon this weekend. Hope to see you there!