Norwescon 33 November 13 Newsletter
Text Item Type Metadata
Future Plausible Future Perfect
April 1 - 4, 2010
Writer Guest of Honor: Vernor Vinge
Artist Guest of Honor: John Jude Palencar
Special Guest: Cory Doctorow
Spotlight Publisher: Tor Books
Next ConCom meeting:
Saturday, November 14 at 1:30pm
(NEW start time!)
In This Issue
Norwescon 33 PR Alpha
$50 UNTIL DEC 31
For more information, visit Memberships at norwescon.org.
You can register online or download the pre-registration form.
Why pre-register? Here are a few good reasons.
ConCom Meeting Dates & Times
Exec Team Meeting:
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
General ConCom Meeting:
NEW START TIME
1:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Post Meeting Social: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
For more information visit Staff/Volunteers at norwescon.org
DoubleTree Hotel Seattle Airport
8740 Intl. Blvd.
Book by March 10 to receive the convention rate of $114.00 per night.
1-800-222-TREE or reserve your room online.
For more information visit Hotel at norwescon.org.
Norwescon is run entirely by over 250 people who generously give their time each year in order to make the convention the best it can be for its members and participants.
Click here to send an email to the volunteer department today!
We look forward to having you on the team!
Norwescon Information Network
Staying up to date on what's happening with Norwescon has never been easier!
News at norwescon.org (RSS feed)
Forums at norwescon.org
Spread the word!
Click here to download a PDF of the Norwescon 33 flyer.
Give it to a friend or post it at your favorite coffee shop, bookstore or gathering place!
Advertising space is available in the Norwescon 33 Program Book.
Discounted rates are available for non-profit orgnaizations and clubs.
For more information including rates, visit Publications at norwescon.org.
The Norwescon eNewsletter
The eNewsletter is an online publication that is made available to Norwescon members and friends of the convention. In other words, anyone can sign up to receive the eNewsletter!
If you have any questions about your membership status, please email the Member Services Department.
Join Our List
Norwescon eNewsletter November 2009
The Norwescon 33 PR Alpha: On its way to your mailbox and available online
The Norwescon 33 PR Alpha is the first of two progress reports which we provide our members as a benefit of their membership. It contains updates on programming, special events, the hotel, membership rates and much more.
If you attended the convention last year or are currently pre-registered for Norwescon 33, you will be receiving a copy of the PR Alpha in the mail within a few days. The PR Alpha is also available online at norwescon.org and contains links within the PDF to assist you in finding the information you are interested on the website.
Click through for updates featured in the PR Alpha including:
- Guest of Honor announcements including the recently added Spotlight Publisher.
- Current membership rates.
- Programming Update: New wonders of panel info-technology are in development! Also, Writers' Workshop, Fandance Film Festival and the Single Pattern Contest info.
- Hotel update: Room are going fast!
- The return of the Norwescon Banquet!
- How to volunteer.
- Outreach efforts and community partnerships.
- Exhibitor Update: Dealer's Room, Artist Alley, Art Show and Lobby Tables.
- Special Events Update: Masquerade, Match Game, Midnight Movies and more including the addition of the Fannish Flea Market!
- The Philip K. Dick Awards.
- How to connect via the Norwescon Information Network.
We would love to hear your ideas! If you have any questions, suggestions or comments please visit the Contacts page and email a member of the ConCom team, or write to info at Norwescon dot org and we'll be sure to route your email to the correct department.
Enjoy and watch for the PR Beta in February 2010!
You may notice that the progress reports are a bit condensed this year. We are making an effort to Go Green by reducing the size of the document that is mailed and providing members and friends of the convention detailed information at norwescon.org. This also allows us to redirect funds back into the convention budget, giving us more resources as we strive to make Norwescon 33 the best convention yet!
Dealer's Room Application and Writers' Workshop Deadlines Are Quickly Approaching
Vendor applications are due December 1, 2009. Complete information including an application and contract are available in the Exhibitor section at norwescon.org.
The deadline for submissions is December 20, 2009. Submission guidelines are available in the Programming section at norwescon.org.
From eNewsletters past...
- Meet the Norwescon 33 Guests of Honor
- Meet the Executive Team
- Outreach: Charities include Clarion West and Northwest Harvest
- Norwescon 33 is a proud sponsor of the SFM 2010 Science Fiction + Fantasy Film Festival
- Volunteers needed!
- An interview with Vernor Vinge
- Exhibitor information: Dealer's Room, Art Show, Artist Alley and Lobby Tables
- Programming Update: Writers' Workshop, Fandance Film Festival, Single Pattern Contest
Click here to visit the Norwescon eNewsletter Archive.